Managed Services Provider
Benefits of the Managed Services Model
A Managed Services Provider allows a business to offload IT operations to a service provider, known as a Managed Services Provider. The managed service provider assumes an ongoing responsibility for 24-hour monitoring, managing and/or problem solving for the IT systems within a business.
Fix When It Breaks Option
Most small IT techs service small networks while hamstrung by a lack of tools and insight. The self-taught network amateur-turned-pro operates under break-fix only mentality, meaning when something breaks, they came running (or more slowly) to fix it… hopefully.
The problem is that most support people only see what was happening on that day. If something happened later (or something lead up to it), they would never know about it … they usually don’t know because they don’t have systems in place to track and solve problems before they happen.
Managed Services Solution
Managed Services began with Fortune 500 companies and their huge networks. In 2005, IT systems matured to allow smaller companies to take advantage of the same features and benefits as the large companies.
At INC Tech, our Managed Services software allows us to focus on two major goals:
- Everything on your network that will result in a user symptom or risk will send an alert before or when it happens, and we will know about it.
- Every alert we get is something important and needs to be addressed.
At INC Tech, we don’t want “everything to be an emergency” situation. Instead of following an old-school mentality of break-fix (literally meaning wait until the server, desktops or other critical networking devices fail, then scramble around to fix them), a business operating with a managed service model focuses on preventing these issues before they disrupt employees, management and/or clients.
Managed Services Packages are affordable compared to fix-it-when-it-breaks
Remote monitoring, remote maintenance and the prevention of major issues allow a managed services provider to be more efficient than a similar break-fix option which is constantly patching things in person. Therefore, we can offer a “better” service without charging more. With traditional break-fix services, the only way for an IT Support company to make money is if something goes wrong – which is a catch 22.
Benefits of the Managed Services Model
- Increased operational efficiency
- Reduced operating costs
- Cost-effective access to enterprise-level support
- Minimized downtime
- Allows the focus to be on running the business, and not the technology
- Peace of mind from knowing that the network is monitored 24/7/365
Which type of maintenance do you currently have?
- Will you find out immediately if your data back-up fails?
- Are you aware which equipment on your network is aging and might need replacing in the short terms?
- Is your server and all of your desktops running the latest anti-virus updates and are functioning correctly?
- Are your security patches installed on your network up to date?
- Who are your organizations heaviest internet users are, and are they downloading large files which can slow down the network, or accessing inappropriate sites?
- Which of your PCs are running out of memory, affecting performance?
- Do you have just a single number to call for all of your technology issues?
- Will you only hear from your computer guys “after” things break and you call them?
If you answered “No” to any of these questions, then you are not running on a Managed Services model.
Need help or information?
Thank you for your interest, we will get back to you shortly or you can reach us directly at 800.333.2989 or email@example.com.
Managed services, virtualization, and cloud computing
INC Tech offers a FREE Network Evaluation
Do you have a managed services plan or are you falling for the break it and then try to fix model?