What Should an Infrastructure Assessment Include?
INC Tech’s mission to be the best managed services provider in the Los Angeles Area includes keeping a holistic road map of our clients’ infrastructure health. As part of INC Tech’s continuing focus on proactive management and support of our clients’ network systems, we provide a complimentary Network Health audit which utilizes our Network Detective software. For new clients, we take the pulse of your existing infrastructure in four ways: Network Assessment, Mail Security Assessment, Interactive Compliance Assessment (including HIPAA or PCI, as relevant), and a Software/Hardware analysis.
As part of the project, we review, gather, and document information about the following:
- All UPS and power management (for when the power goes out and you don’t want to lose data)
- All servers (both physical and virtual)
- All virtual infrastructure and / or network attached storage devices
- All workstations
- All routers, switches, hubs, and wireless access points
- All firewalls and any other network security devices
- Any backup, security, and infrastructure software
- Any hosted application information
- Any 3rd Party related software, systems, account info, contact info, etc. (including internet carriers, hosts, cablers, etc.)
- Server performance and utilization
- Disk storage capacity and usage
- Backup status (ie: completeness, accuracy, recurrence)
- Anti-virus and Anti-spam
- Warranty status (for system critical machines and devices)
- Business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities
- Application performance
- Software licensing compliance
- Internet performance
- Security compliance – HIPAA and PCI (as relevant)
After the initial information gathering phase, we will prepare a report detailing current issues, status, and threat-levels, as well as our recommendations. INC Tech’s infrastructure assessments provides crucial, tangible, and actionable results in the form of a detailed hard copy report documenting all of your organizations IT systems. Many managed services provider in Los Angeles claim to offer complete network assessments, but our assessment software is the first, and only, cyber security tool that delivers daily alerts on INTERNAL IT security issues, including anomalous user behavior, unexpected changes to the network, and other threats that firewalls just can’t catch.
Request A Network, Software and Hardware Audit Today